Twitter
RSS

The Look of Love

Eyes they say reflect the depth of the soul;
I’ve been there I know.

I’ve seen love, reflected it, felt it.


I’ve been to the depths without touching;

I’ve experienced the ultimate from one lingering glance.


I’ve been caressed from across a room,

returned the embrace, stroked by a lingering vision.


I’ve penetrated the core, sunk quickly

pulled by the gravity of a momentary glimpse.

I have peered into the depth of another’s essence,
been kissed by a response of lingering pools.

Intimacy across a room awakens from within
what a touch can never arouse;


I’ve experienced it; I know.

You too are aware;


I’ve witnessed the look of recognition
in one single glance.


Something’s you don’t know,
something’s your not sure of.


Something’s your eyes report from the depth of the soul,


"I love you."


I Know.



~ Betty King ~

Copyright Jan. 2002

Comments (0)