Twitter
RSS

Angels

I have a true story that happened to me. I awoke one morning to tell my husband about a dream I had the night before.

I dreamed about a man I had known twenty
years before and I could not imagine why. He was standing in the dusty window of a vacant store and holding a box of Carnation Instant Breakfast. I went into the store and remarked that I had not seen him in ages, but that he looked wonderful. He stated that he had recently seen my mother. I told him that was quite impossible because my mother had died four years before that time. He insisted that he had talked to her and she was wonderful and happy. Then, he simply vanished.

In telling the story to my husband we surmised that it was a sign that my mother was happy in her heavenly home and this was her way of telling me.

That evening I opened the paper that had come that day to read that the man in my dream had been buried the day before. I was amazed to say the least. I
immediately called his daughter to express my sympathies. I could not believe he was gone. Heavens, he was only about 58 years old.

She told me he had died of AIDS just a few days before but had been sick for a long time. I felt I had to tell her about my dream. In going through the steps of the dream I came to the part about him holding box of Carnation Instant Breakfast and there was an audible gasp on the other end of the phone. I asked what was wrong and she told me that for the last six months of his life, Carnation Instant Breakfast was the only food her father could keep down.

We both feel we were blessed with a message. If I had not discussed my dream with my husband the morning after it came in my sleep, I would not believe it
myself.

God sends messages in the strangest ways.

~ Barbara Blodgett ~
Note: This article was published in The Motivational Mailer on March 7, 2000

Comments (0)