Twitter
RSS

My Three Boxes

I've stored all my painful memories in a sealed box, marked "PAST"
- Not to be remembered, nor be re-lived, nor ever be re-hashed.
I'm not denying that they happened, but they all are dead and gone,
To constantly re-live them would be would make me weak, I must be strong.

My past was not too joyful, I had many scars that had to heal,
There was pain and there was trauma, things no soul should ever feel.
I was injured for a long, long time - then the healing finally began,
It's because I left the past behind, that I am just who I am.

I could re-live my past each day, each day be filled with pain.
Denying me the present, while promising me a life in vain.
There were issues to be dealt with, and a life to be repaired,
But no one's life is ever easy, and most times life isn't fair.

The box marked "PAST" is very large, and it always will stay closed,
But, I own a box marked "PRESENT" and I fill it as I go.
I have a box marked "FUTURE" to do with what I please,
To fill with pain and sorrow, or happy, peaceful memories.

Let the past be gone. It is over - you left it long ago,
If you don't keep talking about the horrors, nobody will know.
Enjoy the day you're living, for today flies by so fast,
Live it to the fullest, make precious memories that will last.

Fill your future up with every wish, and dream your own come true,
How you choose to write your life story, is always up to you.
You'll never change your past - no matter how hard you try,
But your future lies before you, you need to live before you die.

Comments (0)